RE: Describe your campaign. What are people playing these days?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:54:10 +0100

> In no more than three sentences, describe the game/campaign
> you narrate/play in?

It's been on-hold for far too long, due to players moving away and me being short of time, but...

1597, a group of youngsters of the Marshedge Clan and the Lismelder Tribe go through initiation and learn about adult life. Some of them are ducks, in this clan by adoption. We have raided the Poss, searched for sheep, raced boats at Duck Point, escaped from the Rainbow Mounds just before they collapsed (crying "it wasn't me, I never touched it!"), and made recurring enemies of a group of bandits.

Rules-wise, this started with RQ, moved to HW, will if I restart it move to HQ.
We have a "pool" of characters: the players have their regular ones but may also choose to run one who would normally be a follower or an NPC if that seems like more fun for that scenario. So my take on limitations on the abilities of "followers" and "sidekicks" is necessarily fluid.

I'm playing in the Upland Marsh Lunars game Adrian's running, and also in the Swords campaign. Since Guy hasn't yet described it here:

Part of a Humakti mercenary band wandering Prax in 1621, spending more game-words on philosophy than fighting (since "we win" seems to cover that adequately). Recurring enemies include a vampire HQer, a major ZZ villain, and a Lunar. Saved the Cradle (Garrath who?), improvised a few heroquests, befriended and freed a river, slew a dragon. Currently about to be sacrificed by a strange bunch of non-Yelmalians, unless of course we somehow escape in the last reel.

Rules: started in HW, moved to HQ, now considering moving to something much rules-liter like Pool or Puddle.

I'm also playing in a couple of RQ Gloranthan games, again run by Adrian, but I believe you're after HQ here?