RE: one day a Troll saved me

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:51:36 -0700

Light Castle [mailto:light_castle_at_...] :

> I was definitely thinking that the female aspect may be
> important here. Of course, I'm not sure if she was found by a
> male or female troll.

Most errands outside the troll lair--hunting and raiding and war and trading--are carried out by male trolls. Outside under the sky is a dangerous place, and males are more expendable than females.

So the odds are, your character was found by a male. But it's always possible that it's a female on some errand. A shaman, for example, might find herself going on trips to appease this or that spirit (or hunt for new ones). And a shaman is going to have all kinds of bizarre taboos and compulsions--like, oh, I dunno, "free what is chained and chain what is free".