Dawn katas and stories

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:30:41 +0100

> Jane:

Jennifer:
> Cool response. :-)

When something's so cool that it's obviously going to become part of GAG, I like to stay compatible with it.

> Either:
> 1. it wasn't central to the story so it didn't get recorded,

Which it wasn't.

> or 2. it's the way things used to be done 300 years ago, but
> no one bothers about it these days,

You're set that long ago? Yes, just read your 3 sentences -- nice! In fact, better yet. Clearly one person does bother about it these days. The honour-obsessed one. And she isn't even a local.

And if anyone else wants to use it in their game/story, they can revive the tradition.

> 3. incorporate it into the next iteration of your story and
> start putting version numbers on your writings.

"Start"?? (sigh) I don't advertise them, but the version of "Captured" that went public was 6b. "Duel" (this one) was, I think, on about 4c. I try not to revise after publication though, it confuses people too much. Though when "Captured" goes into print, John Hughes as editor may of course request changes and so on.

> I've started versioning my stories, but most are sketches or bits of
> background for a particular purpose and don't get beyond "the
> first telling".

Yes, same here. Though I keep trying to polish them up enough to make them available.

> Hey, _I_ didn't know about that story until today (haven't
> found a copy but
> have now heard the summary). It turns out that Steve's the
> only person who's had access to both our resources.

For now, go and buy a copy of "Magnus Liber Rerum" (the Continuum con book). Once that's out of print, the story will be back on line with the rest of them, here:

http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/stories/index.cfm