Re: Re: Describe your campaign.

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:49:54 +1000

Mud, Madness and Murder - The Lagerwater Campaign

Long and wet and steady the rain. The soggy monotony of life in the raincape of Skyfall is broken by occasional bursts of storm and hail. When the sun *does* shine, the Yelmalians of our Tresdarnii clan get uppity. All we want is to to be left alone in the freedom of the gors, but Chaos, Uz, Harvar's Gargarthi, the politics of the Ironspike ring and the cries of the noble dead for vengeance give us little time for the pleasures of hearth and herd. We could handle *most* intruders, but when a solitary outtheyn Vingan came among us with her tales of mad Kallyr, our stead changed forever. Seduced by her wiles, some of us journeyed north midst the ruins of the Youf, and a few came back changed, haunted by visions of Orlanth riding a dragon. Now secret murder strikes down at our kin and the vingan grows increasingly mad as her influence grows. The long-imprisoned hero Taros Ridgeleaper rises from his watery prison 'neath the Lagertarn and calls his Far Walkers to a final march on Alda Chur. Despite being his proud descendants, we support our despised Yelmalian tribal king in the futile stand against him. We birth a bear god on the hero plane (don't ask), and the Righteous Wind blows cold amidst the gors. Such is life ON SNAKEPIPE'S EDGE.

Long running, but these days *very* occasional. It's always been a bit angsty, but there are also ducks and market days and bridequests and cukbird beauty feuds, and of course long nights in Broddi Clapsaddle's lodge drinking crimpy and telling stories.

John

--
nysalor_at_...          John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

... a flying arrow, a crashing wave, night old ice,
a coiled snake, a bride's bed talk, a broken sword,
the play of bears, a king's son.

- Havamal 86.