Re: Re: Tattoos: practical, quest-generated, or a bit of both?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:44:35 -0700

bethexton_at_... wrote:
> wrote:

>> Quills!!??!!
>> Quills are NOT used for making tattoos! 8-0
>>
>> You need very sharp needles to make tattoos.
>>

> hmmm, do orlanthi make very sharp metal needles?

Presumably bone needles would work, too--and since bone is less ductile than metal, I expect it's easier to make a bone needle very sharp. (Much weaker and more brittle, but it doesn't have to be very strong to pierce skin.)

I'm sure (metal-poor) Praxians use bone needles for tatooing--most likely needles with suitable practice spirits bound into them. The theistic Heortlings can't bind spirits in, but they could certainly strengthen the needles with cult blessings.