Re: Tattooing.

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:21:49 -0700

John

>I'd also suggest that there are strong clan, tribal and regional styles, so
>that its not that difficult to identify a Kheldon or Tovtaros or Pavis
>County exile by the marks on their face and arms.

There weren't that many Tarshites in the game, so I'm not sure it really comes across, but in King of Dragon Pass, we did have a distinct tattoo style for Tarshites vs proto-Sartarites. (IIRC, the Tarshite style was more angular and geometric.)

Jennifer

>are tattoos always created in the real world? Are they sometimes the
>marks you bring back from heroquests?

I'm sure they sometimes come back with you (I think I missed a session in one of our games, in which a character's existing tattoo came back with modifications).

However, not everyone in Glorantha tattoos. Does anyone have suggestions for people who use say sacred paint? (Cultures who practice scarification seem analogous to tattooers.) Or westerners, who probably don't do any body marking?

--

David Dunham