RE: Re: Tattooing.

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:05:30 GMT

In message <000601c4bd0a$6fc8cdd0$0302a8c0_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>> This raises the entertaining notion of Lunar scouts thumbing through
>> the recognition tables in their Jane's All the World's Tattoos and
>> Symbols to check if those Heortlings passing by are off to raid
>> their neighbours' cattle or attack an Imperial city...
>
>Not that we'd *dream* of painting on misleading markings, of course :)
>
>Though that does make me wonder - would temporarily over-painting your
>tribal tatoos with those of another tribe before hitting a Lunar patrol
>count as cheating, common sense, or what?

I would put it in the catagory of 'not done because we don't do things like that', followed by 'but what a good idea and they aren't honourable fighters anyway'. I'm not sure how common Lunar understanding of the tattoos will be and the middle of an ambush isn't exactly the best place to do research.

>How about for raiding another clan?

Well part of the purpose of raiding is to show off your superiority, disgusing who you are implies you're ashamed of what you're doing. I think this is more the sort of trick the Lunars play when they want to forment trouble between clans - of course their copies of the tattoos aren't accurate.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/