Re: Pavis climate

From: Labrygon_at_...
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:35:37 EDT

Mitch,

The 44" is for a typical year. It is not the average, but the mode. There are frequent drought years. Prax was once a great forest, but these forests were sacrificed to Oakfed. I think that, even without the herd beasts, wild fires would periodically burn down any dense vegetation. I agree that the impression given is that it is a dry place but if you look at Fire Season, the typical non-drought year, has zero inches.

I tend to think of the rainfall that there is as pretty torrential, causing flash floods and then quickly running off. The valley is described as pretty a pretty tangled morass of vegetation with long grass.

The soil is also (IMO) not very good - a result of the chaos invasion.

Keith Nellist