Re: Halloween Horror with HQ

From: Darran Sims <darransims_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:27:32 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2004-10-29-1425.

Tim Ellis wrote:
> ...Well there's Neil Smith's "Attack of the Wolfmen" scenario,
> providing the players don't recognise the source too early

Thanks for that, I have not actually read that one up yet [naughty of me now I am head chief of the RHQN].
Trouble is I have done the Telmori with them.

> ...And don't forget Jack O'Bears for that halloween ambiance

Certainly what I was thinking of, and there is always 'Hungry Jack' too.

> ...Or Krashtkids in a tunnel complex for that "Alien" vibe

I did have them exploring some Krashtkids' tunnels while searching for a vampire under Bagnot. But it might be worth doing something like this again.

> ...You don't necessarily even need "traditonal" horror bad guys if
> you want to build up tension - a journey through hostile Elf or
> Troll territory could prove quite traumatic, with ambushes and
> stragglers picked off silently.

I have just done this with my 'Into the Trees' scenario. The elves were *very* nasty and deadly. Similar to Predator in the film with Arnie.

> ...A secret murder in the clans lands, threatening to strike at the
> pc's friends and family (maybe one of them is accused?) As the
> investigation continues the murderer strikes again in a suitably
> gruesome manner. Lots of opportunity for "serial killer/slasher"
> type motifs and red herrings

I like this but again I have done it a few times myself. I do enjoy a good murder mystery.
Will certainly do it again in the future.

Cheers

Darran Sims.

Web - www.assemblyrooms-derby.co.uk

Go to Continuum!