Re: Some Moon Boat Facts

From: Victor Lane <thelhf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:35:52 -0700

Jane Williams wrote:

>>Their masts are V-shaped, and strung between the uprights are the
>>

>"sails"
>

>>which are fairly fragile net-like constructions to capture the moon
>>

>beams.
>
>In fact, the SiP cover may even show them? There's some sort of silvery
>translucent thing at each end of the boat, though no supports are
>visible. Horn shaped, and pointing directly at the Moon.

I always thought the two silver points where solid, but looking again, they do look hollow. The supports could be on the inside to make it look nicer. I would guess that they would use the nicest looking moon boat they have to transport the Coders around.

This makes me wonder is they make small pleasure moon boats for the very very rich. For the ultimate in Lunar noble transport, come to Moon Boat Pleasure Lines! Call now, boats are limited! Of course, if you are summoned to meet the Emperor and he sends his one of his personal moon boats to get you (the one painted blood red with dead bodies hanging from it) you know you're in trouble.

--Victor