Re: Vingans: burn or bury?

From: Darran Sims <darransims_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:14:57 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2004-10-31-0110.

Jennifer Geard wrote:
> Thanks for the responses to my questions about tattoos.

No Problem.

> My next question is whether Vingan corpses are traditionally burned
or buried.

Burn them ALL I say ;-)

But seriously I think that they are burnt on pyres AND then the ashes and remains are buried in the earth.
The ashes are collected in urns and are buried in an Ernalda sacred burial mound or field.

BTW does anybody else think that Calamity Jane on the television programme 'Deadwood' would make a very good Vingan? Definately how I see them [although swords instead of colt revolvers]. Just a thought.

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS

Go to Continuum! NOW!!!
http://www.continuum.uk.net
For the Yahoo Group goto:
continuum2004-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even Death may die." - H.P.Lovecraft