RE: "Star Watch" - from when to when?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:49:35 -0000

> >John Hughes, as the person who seems to use the phrase most
> - are you out there?
>
> Sometimes I wonder. :) But this morning, yes.

Oh, good.

> Remember, Rigsdali are good at staying awake. :) In my use, its the
> Rigsdali who usually mount the star watch, along with
> whichever Elmali,
> Vingans and solitary stead oddballs they can rope in.

You have enough Rigsdali around to do that? I thought it was a fairly rare cult?

> For most Orlanthi, the star watch is simply the time to be
> asleep, major rituals and feasts aside.

Which is not dusk till dawn. Unless you drank FAR too much before dusk.

But then my security guard husband reminds me that he works 12-hour shifts. Mind you, he isn't expecting Chaos at the gate, and has access to a TV and a coffee machine.

Anyone out there been in the armed forces or similar and can tell us what's reasonable?

> For Rigsdali its a sacred duty, and the reason for their
> lonely existence, and it is indeed, IMG, from dusk till dawn.

Right, thanks.

Anyone else? Or is this a purely John term?