Re: Re: Prax climate

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:33:59 -0800

Paul May <kax_at_...> wrote:

> It's a harsh landscape because Genert's dead, not because the
> rainfall's too low. I'm sure that the rainfall is the same as it was
> for Genert's Garden - it's the land that has changed, not the
> climate.

...though I think we can expect *some* change to the climate. Genert dying wasn't the only thing that happened in the Gods' War. The Storm Bull was horribly mutilated before himself dying[*]--and while he (unlike Genert) returned from the dead, I wouldn't be surprised if the mutilations carried through.

Also, I think it's fair to say that his temperament changed in the Gods' War--he became even more single-minded, more ferocious. I think it'd be in character for him to give too much rain all at once, blasting away the topsoil instead of just watering it.

[*] ...he *did* die, didn't he? If memory serves, in "King of Dragon Pass" Urox is one of the three "living gods" who don't have to be brought back at the dawn. But I don't know if that's authoritative, and I don't know if Urox myths quite apply to the Storm Bull...