Re: Generic HQ

From: Dr Stuart Mousir-Harrison <loosmoos_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 07:58:19 +0000

At 18:43 04/11/2004, Guy Hoyle wrote:
>I hope nobody minds if I indulge in some out-and-out wishing about the
>genres to be included with Generic HQ (whatever it ends up being called).
>
>I'm positive that comic-book superheroes will be represented.

Would make sense - the whole, dare I say it melodramatic things would fit very well.

>I'd like to see some other kind of fantasy, too. We're getting that with
>Mark's Russian setting, but I'd love to see a Mythic Greece treatment,
>and I can make some suggestions about content, as well.

As long as it doesn't dilute our beloved Glorantha - but it could re-invigorate the whole Questworld concept (which I would quite like, I think).

>Science Fiction: I love a good, old-fashioned, Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon
>style setting.

Space Opera, anyone?

>Something offbeat would be interesting. Toons, maybe? Or horror? HQ Call
>of Cthulhu, anybody?

Toons would definitely work and CoC too quite probably.

And Newt from the RHQN did have a game set up (for Continuum, I think) using HQ for Cyberpunk. I don't think it got played in the end though.

More important to me though would be to keep up with the whole Glorantha side of things -as long as the classic setting doesn't suffer...

Quadruped Erat Demonstrandum

The (elusive) Dr Moose
+44 (0)1732870785
www.mousir.org