RE: Alda-Churi Yelmalions and the Sun Dome Templars

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 04:00:58 -0000

Fair point! :)
However IMG, he does...

He's described by John as a warlord so I've imagined significant forces.

>From the timeline of the far walkers:

1357 - into the far place from Bilini, Saird and Aggar

Researching their Yelmalion roots (ILH1 p53) it seems that this history of worship originates in Aggar.

>From what I can tell: Ironfist is an admirer of the Dara Happan way but
doesn't want to be overshadowed by his lunar allies and has plans for absolute power in the Far Place.

Taking the Gloranthan Q&A into account
(http://www.glorantha.com/greg/q-and-a.html), the details about Yelmalio, I think they could possibly be Yelmalio Tharkantus worshippers influenced by Dara Happan organisation and values.

So, a postulation: the Monrogh Yelmalians of Sartar could follow one way of fighting (phalangites) and the Thankantus Yelmalions (originating in Saird) a more Dara Happan way?

(apologies for anything that doesn't make sense - whiskey and lateness of the hour!)

Matthew