Re: Demos and Cyrlings

From: Jeff Kyer <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:42:34 -0500

> > What tribe do the Cyrlings belong to the Cinsina, Malani or the
> > Locaem.
>
> If you're referring to the Cyrlings in "Sheepless Nights", I think
> you'll find they were carefully left unspecified. They're just over the
> hill from your PC's clan, and probably in the same tribe.

Yes.

> YBOT4 has the clan detailed, and still doesn't mention a tribe (in fact,
> reiterates the advice that they are designed to fit where you want
> them), but gives some locations. It's probably important to remember
> here that thee can be more than one place with the same name in Sartar.
> Vorissonstead, Gold Lamb etc - yes, there's a Gold Lamb over on the
> right of the DP map, north of Swenstown and in the Forloss Hills. It's
> DP entry suggests that it's in Aranwyth lands. But is it the same one?

Yes, good eye there. That was deliberate. But that's *my* Cyrlings. I don't know where yours are. Heck, I was surprised to find the Black Oaks were Colymar.

> Which reminds me, did "Sheepless Nights" ever get updated for HQ? The
> version in YBOT4 and on the Glorantha site

I sent an updated version to Issaries some time ago (and recently as well).

I'll bug Nils.

> http://www.glorantha.com/hw/fan/scenario_sheepless.html
>
> is HW (it has edges), and it's a great introductory scenario. It would
> be nice to make it as easy as possible for new Narrators to use.

Thanks! Its recommended on the MIB website.

> Then there's the Cyrling mentioned in the Black Oaks scenario in YBOT -
> "assumed to be in Quiviniland but it would fit equally well in Tarsh..."

Scary, I think I've created a(nother) meme-clan...

> http://glorantha.com/hw/scenarios.html
> At this page you have some scenarii.
> One is the demo kit by Jeff Kyer.

Hee. I find that Fish Rain works very well too. Its just plain old *fun* to run.

However, the time frame considerations may also be restricted by how much time you intent to spend be teaching the game as well. If you're an MIB there's a Heroquest demo walkthrough on the SJG website - as others have metioned.

Jeff

--
Flight to Peru - £1000
Camping gear - £200

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.