Re: Lanbril-Mostal myths

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:12:04 +1300

At 10:56 AM 12/3/04 +0000, you wrote:

>Are there any stories and/or myths which feature both Lanbril and
>Mostal?

None published. There are many incidents in which human gods and heroes have stolen secrets from the Mostali - Iron being the best-known. Perhaps the thieves were all Lanbril?

>I am wanting to make up a incident where Lanbril steals something from
>Mostal's workshop and conceals it far away in such a manner that
>Mostal never recovers it (either because he is killed before he gets
>around to it or because he was already dead when the theft took place)

Making it to the surface world is a good way of ensuring that the Mostali will never recover it. There's no need to postulate that he was dead at the time because humans can't tell the difference between Mostal, the Octamony of Minerals or Nida in their mythology.

>and I am wanting to check that a) such a scenario is feasible and
>b)I don't (unknowingly) contradict any already published material.

Go for it and don't be afraid.

--Peter Metcalfe

--Peter Metcalfe

---