Re: Garrath Sharpsword

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:34:54 -0800

Peter

>The map in King of Sartar p17 is our best knowledge but that
>is flawed. The Iron City is described as being in Jrustela yet
>our best knowledge places it within the Whirlpool.

I think you're being too literal here. Iron City is explicitly set in Jrustela [KoS.21]. I suspect the saga refers to Crandess, which trades iron.

I'm not aware of any other source for the voyage of Garrath and Harrek. Missing Lands p.65 mentions Harrek's abrupt departure from Banamba to help Argrath in Dragon Pass. This suggests he's helping Garrath, but he could as easily be leaving to avenge his friend's death.

--

David Dunham