Re: A Fimbulwinter realization

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:27:44 -0000

> There may be a bit of a shortage of Humatki at this time. One unit
> of Humatki suffered heavy casualties at Whitewall. I'm not sure how
> many there are in Dragon Pass but it can't be too many.

I believe the stock answer is that in Sartar there around 1000 humakti--and they are all player charactes! (some of them multiple times over most likely.....)

The logic was around 14% (1/7) of Orlanthi don't belong to Orlanth or Ernalda worship. There are over 14 other cults people could belong too, but combine some of the smaller ones and you have on the order of a 14 way split, so around 1% of the population worshipping each major non O&E cult. One stab at the numbers then said about 1000 worshippers each. Mind you, I've seen a population number somewhere claiming Sartar has 360 000 humans, so even allowing for a large portion being unitiated (too young, too poor, etc) or non-Orlanthi (yelmalian scum!), I'd make that more like 1500 to 2000.

Then again, the humakti lifespan may be shorter than most....

Of course, after Orlanth is banned, there is probably some increase in the worship of all the other storm pantheon gods, so by the fimbulwinter that might double. And then there are ducks (oh god, always ducks!)

--Bryan