RE: Cool troll weapons for Orlanthi?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 01:39:50 -0000

> We are working on a heroquest where Orlanth defeats some
> trolls and takes their weapons. Can anyone suggest that
> trolls use which might be
> (a) useful to Orlanthi (b) very cool?

The Sandals of Darkness are what Orlanth traditionally steals from trolls, but those aren't a weapon as such.

There's a station in the Aroka quest that might be of use?

"....Krakos, the troll avenger
who was angry because Orlanth broke his father's legs. Orlanth defeated him, and took his Darkwind."

Then later:
"Orlanth released the Darkwind first, which bears the howls of lost souls. It filled the creature's lair so that it could not bear to be in it, and so it rose to fight."

What a troll is doing with a wind of any sort is another question, of course. And again, this isn't really a weapon.

Weapons used by trolls are maces and other blunt things, and slings. Orlanthi also use slings. Some magical slingstone, perhaps? Back in RQ days, we used to use bolgs as slingstones....