Re: Re: Electronic files available by subscription

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:15:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Christoph Kohring wrote:

> > And selling anything over the Net is more expensive than selling it in a
> store.
>
> Oh, why is that so? I would have thought that it would be the contrary...
> but again I am a complete neophyte in this whole matter.

I nearly fired off a message disagreeing with David's original statement. (See .sig for evidence of my knowledge in these matters...) But then I thought about it for a bit. The point is that in Britain, a large chunk of the saving of e-commerce comes from savings on premises. In America, this is less of a saving since premises are cheaper anyway. Still not convinced about the 'more expensive' but the difference will be more marginal than in Britain or, I suspect, Switzerland.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net