RE: Cool troll weapons for Orlanthi?

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:37:31 -0500

Jane Williams:

> Weapons used by trolls are maces and other blunt things, and slings.
> Orlanthi also use slings. Some magical slingstone, perhaps? Back in RQ
> days, we used to use bolgs as slingstones....

One take on that: there's a Troll spirit cult (at least there was in RQ3 days) which teaches the secret of making several kinds of Stones-to-Kill-Chaos. Maybe Orlanth stole one of these secrets? Not necessarily one of the types in the old write-ups, if they don't know this particular secret any more it's because Orlanth stole it.

Jane again:
> But yes, I am reminded that under British law, the
> Bagpipes are (or were) an offensive weapon.

We've had first-hand accounts in the past from SCA members of just how effective warpipes can be. A Trollish origin seems to fit quite well, so does the name Crushing Noise someone else mentioned.

Andrew