Re: [Glorwar] Miniatures not designed for Glorantha.

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:44:07 -0800

Reaper can be found at: http://www.reapermini.com/

or you can use:

Hilda: http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/search.php?substring=2418
Jolie: http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/search.php?substring=2835
Tuilin: http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/search.php?substring=2762
Artemis: http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/search.php?substring=14014

> No. 2835 in the Dark Heaven series - Jolie, female scribe
> figure but I'm struggling to fit it properly into any part of
> Glorantha.

She'd probably work okay in a "western" culture, as would Tuilin. Too bad about the split skirt, but hey....

> No. 14014 in the Warlord Series - Artemis the Huntress
> Makes a pretty good Vingan with two handed spear. Again the style
> of dress is suitable for a fighter especially as the legs under
> the rather short skirt can be painted as trousers. It's actually
> a boar spear but cutting off the guard would be easy enough. Only
> snag is the size, she's 32mm from top of base to top of head and
> the pose is not standing fully upright.

I *hate* figure creep! I want figures made nowadays to be usable with my 1970's era Ral Partha figs, but I've given up any hope that this will ever happen (probably some "15mm" figures are getting close...)

>From what I can see from the picture, the legs certainly *look* like they
are in tight-fitting trousers - otherwise, she's got some major cellulite going on! Spears with some sort of stop below the head are common - it ensurs that the spear doesn't get stuck in the target (a standard spearhead of 8 inches or so will kill a person just as much as shoving a 6 foot length of wood through their body...). Some Saxon spears have very definite "ears" as part of the spearhead, which were used in "fencing" with the spear, as well as stopping penetration

Of course, why a "hunter" has vambraces and greaves is another question...

RR
- Richelieu