Re: Guardian Beings

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:45:37 -0800

Rob

>Had anyone got a game where they use the guardian extensively?

I think the game I run would qualify (the one I play in probably wouldn't). The hero band performed a fairly difficult heroquest because they wanted a more powerful guardian. They're now accompanied by an animated statue made of charcoal. And they definitely make use of the augments the guardian can apply. They also had to decide whether to bring the guardian with them on a long sea voyage, or leave it behind for the use of the hero band members who weren't sailing.

Stephen

>I was pretty sure that as theists, the rules would suggest that they
>shouldn't have a "spirit" as a guardian, but at the time, the story felt
>better for it, since they'd already developed a relationship of sorts
>with it.

It sounds like this was a spirit from the inner world, so it wouldn't be a problem (it's on the order of common magic).

--

David Dunham