Re: Guardian Beings

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:41:03 -0000

Thanks for all the posts, which are great.

We have decided what Mykka's abilities are - they are fairly generic to be fair, and slanted toward what we think we would get from an Ernaldan priestess - which is what I said she had become since being returned to the bossom of the clan! She manifests I decided as a full grown Ernaldan woman, but this time with a 'Obi Wan' glow around the edges. Per the scenario, when they met Mykka at madmans table as a little girl the guys didn't know whether she was a normal child or a ghost.

But I would certainly like her to have more impact. I do remember that when the guys returned from the Chasing Kites adventure they wer asked to form a Heroband - so from that point of view the 'heroband' and Mykka are the glue that binds very disparate characters together.

On a more general note, when we started and we had one hunter, a scholar and an entertainer I wondered what sort of game we would have. Its worked out great and we have had the perfect mechanism for joining them together - the heroband concept. The clan ring asked them to form the heroband as a team of 'troubleshooters' who could at once deal with outsiders and imperials due to their cult affiliations (Lhankhor Mhy, Donandar and a Desemborthi who spends most of his time unseen)

When I played Runequest years ago as a 13-16 year old we were together becasue we were all treasure hunters. My games have moved on since then!

Regards
Rob

Regards
Rob