RE: Re: Birthdays?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:03:32 -0000

> > A quick query (I hope) - do Gloranthans, and Sartarites in
particular,
> > celebrate birthdays? Or any other personally
> significant anniversary (naming day, initiation day)?

> An interesting question. Apparently many non-Christian
> nations celebrated birthdays

I'm not sure why you specify "non-Christian" here - is there some special Christian thing about birthdays that I don't know about?

> http://hector3000.future.easyspace.com/birthdays.htm) which
> has quotes on it from some guy named Greg Stafford.

Fascinating page: thanks. But I suspect it's a different Greg Stafford.

> Is there any reason to say they don't? Do you want them to?
> Then why not?

Because this isn't for a private game, it's for a story, and I don't want to jar anyone's suspension of disbelief. If there's a GAG feeling either way about birthdays, I'll go with it.