Re: Re: Birthdays?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:06:39 GMT

In message <cqa5bv+l6ca_at_...> "Rob" writes:

>I was wondering exactly how hung up on calendar dates people
>actually are? I know the priests and devotees are going to keep a
>close eye on observing religious dates, but I bet you don't see
>calendars or organisers hanging up in the average stead.

The calendars in Thunder Rebels are full of days when something is done, started or finished. I reckon everyone will know these days although I doubt every clan actually uses the same day. You don't see calendars and organisers because the Heortlings aren't a primarily written culture - why write something down when you can remember it? Or did that time you knocked your head shake the brains out?

>I like
>Jennifer's aging idea. How many sacred times has he seen - oh
>about 20!

I can't see it being that vague that young, too many people will remember the details. For older people there may well be approximations if not deliberate distorting of the truth.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/