Re: Re: some questions on the Crimson Bat

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:40:56 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Graham Robinson wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:
>
> > What is mr. is-that-a-polarbear-on-your-back supposed to do to the bat?
> > Growl and weave White Fang at it from the ground?
> >
> > I know the numbers in DP say that Harrek and even the lesser heroes can
> > take on the bat, but what exactly are they supposed to do to it???
> >

> The crimson bat is best known for eating its opponents - that puts it in
> reach. Even before you figure in the number of people in Dragon Pass that
> can fly.

I remember it grabbin people with tentacles that are stronger than elephants. Things it eats are also compleatly annihilated. Somehow getting eaten by the bat doesn't seem like a workable solution. It's also rather big to kill with a sword or a spear.

So far I've come up with the Stormwalkers (or any group of powerful orlanthi godi) summoning up a huge thunderstorm, and directing orlanths fury on it. Should at least hurt it, and kill the priests riding on it's back. That is unless it can shield itself from that somehow, and raising a thunderstorm on demand isn't exactly guaranteed, I think.

        -Adept