Re: Social Cult Ranks or Devotees vs Initiates

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:31:28 -0000

I tend to rely more on personality and roleplaying to decide how to go. There is a natural deference to a devotee on the piety scale but how much that will cut the mustard with a given Initiate is entirely based on the Initiate in question. For example, Kallyr Starbrow is an Initiate and I don't think my Devotee of Hedkoranth could tell her to go and fetch him another flaggon of mead or whatever. I'd like to see him try!!! ;^)

No, I think social standing *is* more important, in social situations. I think a lot of tribal kings may actually be Initiates due to there many other duties for example.

In magical situations people *may* look to the highest ranking/older/more renowned devotee. But beware of the Kallyr factor (mentioned above). Also the Initiate Priest may pull rank as well...

Oh, its just like the real world isn't it??

Regards
Rob