Re: Gloranthan movie script?

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:42:12 +1100

Darran discovers a powerful relic from another time...

>What do you know about this Gloranthian movie script?

Copies have occasionally surfaced from Greg as auction items at conventions.

The script was produced in the early 1980s. It's a compromise between Gloranthan content and generic sword and sorcery. From memory (and I'm happy to be corrected here - its probably eight years since I've read the thing), it features a dragonewt character but also a fairly generic D&D-style elf. The script is not particularly Gloranthan in either setting or style bar a power crystal or two - mind you, in the early eighties most of us were playng early, freewheeling conceptions of RQ Glorantha.

The script will be a bit of a nostalgia piece for RQ-era questers, may their blades never bend and their disruptions always burn.

Remember the Gygaxic fever and hype over the D&D movie? And look what it turned out as...

Only an Arkati would venture here... :)

Cheers

John