RE: Symbolic Sight - what do you see?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:13:50 -0000

> Do the wizards / sorcerers see auras? Glowing outlines of
> colour, on the colour, brightness and width of which they
> make quesses and estimates.
>
> Do they, instead (or in addition), see floating runes, the
> brightness of which indicates levels of power. Do they see
> lines of power connecting the magician to the spell-plane.
>
> Do they see a light in and through the center of the human
> they observe.
> A dim flickering flame for a weak willed person, and a strong
> pillar of light for a powerful magician (like in Nephilim).

Those are lovely ideas.

Donald suggested to me once that wizards tend to see people as objects that represent them. Whereas theists tend to personify objects.

And I agree about the lines of power - if someone's got lots of outisde support, you can see it.

But I also agree that it would be nice to *know* this, not guess.