Re: Bashing RuneQuest

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:42:41 -0800

David Ford wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems bashing RuneQuest is back. I guess RQ is an easy target as it has
> no defenders and no official support.

My point was that even in RQ days (and there was Glorantha before RQ, you know, even if I wasn't around for it)--anyway, even back then, there were indications that religious systems varied a lot more than we gave them credit for. Just look at how many official RQ cults broke out of the Initiate/Rune Lord/Rune Priest model. (Malia had a quasi-shamanic Lord/Priest combo. Thanatar had rogue, free-agent SuperInitiates. Etc., etc.)

I didn't intend to "bash" RuneQuest. But I think it's safe to say that RQ presented a simplified view of Glorantha. Or maybe it just let people trick themselves into seeing Glorantha as simpler than it was.

Anyway, did I say anything you *disagree* with, or are you just upset at my insufficient obeisance at the shrine of Rurik the Restless Tee Em?