Re: Re: Symbolic Sight - what do you see?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:58:19 GMT

In message <csihq2+a32o_at_...> "Charles Corrigan" writes:

>* Lunar sorcerers have occasional psychedelic experiences and the
>the professors of the Lunar College of Magic write learned papers
>explaining how the Goddess is letting them get the occasional
>glimpse of Soul Sight and or Spirit Face. Others just note that they
>are completely barmy (its not clear whether "they" means the
>sorcerers, the professors or both).

While other professors refute those papers on the grounds that the sorcerers involved were partaking of an excess of mindwarping stimulants.

I don't think there are more than fragments of scientific method practiced at the CoM. Without that there will be an assortment of widely conflicting theories on everything to do with magic based on a lot of core assumptions which are never challenged and probably false. Such as, since "We are all one" it follows that souls, spirits and essences are all different aspects of the same thing. There's even some evidence to support that - Lunar sorcerers draw magic from the Red Moon while both theists and animists have it as their other world. Like much else what is actually correct will be determined by the Hero Wars.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/