Re: Re: Bashing RQ

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:24:33 +0000 (GMT)

That's the point, I think - it wasn't a question of whether RQ modelled some theoretical other Glorantha. Unless you were into boardgaming as well as RPGing, it was the *only* interface to Glorantha, and as such, defined it.

> Obviously you guys like contemporary Glorantha, but
> some people (such as me)
> are more fans of classic Glorantha.

I like both, just get very confused when the underlying universe gets altered without something like change bars. ("Warning! If someone dies, they do *not* hang around as a spirit, and you do *not* get a shaman to talk to them." "Warning - that suit of enchanted iron armour has suddenly started affecting your magic!")

> I appreciate that this is the HeroQuest mailing list
> and many (most?) people favour HQ over RQ.

I prefer HQ, but play both. But the rule set is not the same as the universe definition, in either case. And it's clashes with universe definition that tend to cause problems.

Jane Williams