Re: Re: some questions on the Crimson Bat

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:36:09 +1300

Greg Stafford:

>When Broyan and his associates deterred it they flew/transported to be
>above it and when their magic failed they dropped onto its back and killed
>all the priests. The bat then went off on its own, flying way out to sea in
>fact, and was very had to locate and get back (even using the cult magic).

  1. the Year of the Bat. In this year, a terrible crimson bat from dread Yran flew in from over the oceans. It smote so many cities of Golden Kareeshtu and devoured so many people such that even if all the cities in the world were to wax and multiply between now and Jotimam's return, they would not even number a tenth of what the bat swallowed. This blight in Ompalam's sight then crossed over the Marintho into the forests of Laskal, seemingly to the call of the Bat People's drums. It dwells there still and what mischief the Bat People intend, I know not, but the wretches of Goan have sunk to begging the Wolf Pirates for aid...

--Peter Metcalfe