Re: Comparative mountains.

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:20:29 GMT

In message <20050124215616.TTFZ1438.aamta06-winn.mailhost.ntl.com_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>> Yep. Or construct their forts in spirals. Or whatever.
>
>I still doubt that, just because it's a daft design for something you
>want to defend.

Why? it's nearly as good as concentric circles for defence. Assuming the spiral works it's way up the hill you force the attackers to go round several times before getting to the top. In the mean time you are pelting them with anything you've got from the next circuit. You can even drop warriors behind the attackers unless they're using an awful lot of people to protect their route.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/