Re: Comparative mountains.

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:52:09 -0800

Mike

At 21:37 +0000 05-01-25, HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:
>Things like this make me wonder how anyone with normal eyesight ever
>gets lost in the
>open in Glorantha. There are several things to take bearings off of
>that are really obvious:

Admittedly Rainier is shorter than Kero Fin, but it's easy for it to be blocked by your neighbor's tree, here in Seattle. Worse, it's often not visible due to clouds (either due to its own weather system, or the larger one).

Clouds or trees block most of your other landmarks too.

Admittedly, probably not *all* of them at any point -- it's probably possible to get your bearings. But this isn't the same as not getting lost. Especially if you're on foot, and constrained to certain paths (e.g. the ones that don't go through rivers, brambles, cliffs, or other hazards).

--

David Dunham