Pavis character map help- please

From: a_verheaghe <a_verheaghe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:40:25 -0000

I am begining a new campaign on Sturday. I'm trying to come up with some NPC character maps for my players charcaters to get their hooks into. But I've hit a creative road block and a disparate character issue. A SunDomer, a local Pavis Hoertling refugee Humakti, and an Animal nomad so far.
In a Hoertling campaign Character maps were easy since everyone was in the same clan/ tribe anyway.
Heres pretty much the only idea I have so far (I'd like one or two more):
Center/ Main Narrator Character- Traveling Issaries Merchant- likable, wealthy, dealing mostly in exotic goods from "back home in Sartar"
Above him/ support him- Lunar military officer whom our merchant pays bribes. The Issaries Temple in Pavis to whom he donates large sums of cash. And a band of local thugs to whom he pays protection money. As long asthe money keeps coming all these are happy to help him.
Below him/ supported by him- local shop keeper whose biz has been helped by the wares he brings from tthe Dragon Pass area. A lady friend he visits in a brothel in badside. His caravan gaurds and teamsters (roughly 5 or 6 guys) sons of his dead cousin. And members of the resistance back in Sartar.
Any other ideas would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Andy