Re: Re: RUNE XLIV: BIRTH OF THE SECOND HARP

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:11:09 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Nils Weinander wrote:

> Jane:
> >
> > I found this while searching for something entirely different, read
> > it, and went "wow!".
> >
> > http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/kveng/kvrune44.htm

Too bad there's not a translation that would retain the poetic tempo of Kalevala. The text from the link translates pretty correctly, but the actual poetry is lost. :(

The only thing I've found, in english, that sounds like the poetry of Kalevala are some of the spell-duels in the Silmarillion.

I should propably fish a page reference to those of you who feel inspired by the Kalevala. I wonder where my Tolkien books are...

        -Adept