Re: Re: Forest navigation

From: Labrygon_at_...
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 04:41:48 EST

In a message dated 31/01/2005 6:41:41 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time, janewilliams20_at_... writes:

> I believe the Colymar re-entered the place in the 1400s? 200 years of
> occupation, after, as you say, 500 of abandonment. That's not very long
> at all.

It wasn't abandoned for as long as you say. The Grazers entered in 1250. I do not think Dragonewts or Trolls are particularly forest loving creatures and they pretty much had the area under control, despite a few wars.

The Dragonkill was pretty apocalyptic, as well as the depredations of the Golden hoard, Oakfed, and the fact that a large and populous civilisation that preceded the Dragonkill had Zorak Zoran as it's primary wargod makes me suspect there were not too many forests left.

Even so, I agree, substantial regrowth will have occured - through elf magic if nothing else.

Keith