RE: Questing questions

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:37:02 GMT

In message <20050130145255.DNW1438.aamta06-winn.mailhost.ntl.com_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>> 2) It seems to me that Eurmal's prime power is one of
>> sabotaging, jinxing, or otherwise disrupting events merely by
>> being present. Can this ability (flaw?) be used to confound
>> enemy ceremonies, rituals, and/or hero quests by sneaking
>> Eurmal cultists into such events?
>
>Probably. However looking at it the other way, Eurmal's power is one of
>change - not very well controlled change, it has to be said. And so, I
>gather, HQs that change things in any major way (resurrecting someone,
>frex), HAVE to have a Eurmal rep. along. Complete with all the potential
>for disruption you mention.

I'd also say that it's Eurmal's actions which cause trouble, not his mere presence. The difficulty is predicting what his actions will be and what the results are. E.g. you carefully tie up your trickster so he can't interfere but then he starts sneezing and with a few minutes everyone is sneezing which prevents them doing what they intended.

>I've also heard that a Eurmali can be a "wild card", able to take the
>position of any of the "opposition" posts, no matter what/who they're
>meant to be. Having your very own Trickster is a very useful tool indeed
>for the aspiring HQer, but of course also a very great risk.

How well that works will depend on how reliable the Trickster is at doing what you expect.

Don't forget there is also an essence of pranks and various spirits such as Raven and Coyote. And they are all the same and yet different....

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/