RE: Questing questions

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:45:11 GMT

In message <20050131214119.LNVO3971.aamta07-winn.mailhost.ntl.com_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>> >I've also heard that a Eurmali can be a "wild card", able to take the
>> >position of any of the "opposition" posts, no matter what/who they're
>> >meant to be. Having your very own Trickster is a very useful tool
>> >indeed for the aspiring HQer, but of course also a very great risk.
>>
>> How well that works will depend on how reliable the Trickster
>> is at doing what you expect.
>
>Did I say "very great risk"? Let's say it again, more loudly.

I'm not sure that's always the case. There's a trickster described in Wintertop Fair, one Boltar Honeytongued, who's less of a prankster and more of a deliberate rogue than the stereotype. Work out his motives and he'll be relatively predictable. As a Heroquesting opponent he could fit particular roles rather well.

>> Don't forget there is also an essence of pranks and various
>> spirits such as Raven and Coyote. And they are all the same
>> and yet different....
>
>And according to the write-up, the magic of an unbound Trickster
>is of all three types at once!

That's what I mean about being the same.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/