Re: Re: Axes

From: Manuel MOLINIER <astaroth.maillist_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:08:22 +0100

ouch ... I'll stop talking on the subject before facing a army of axe bearing women ... Probably the women I was thinking are the lacking 20% of "all women" ;-)

Manuel

  My mother grew up on a farm, one of three girls (with no brothers).   She recalls being sent out to chop wood was the favored method of   dealing with moody teenagers, even girls.

  One of her sisters still lives in the old farm house, and heats   mostly with wood (this is in northern Ontario, and while the walls of   large, notch-and-groove joined logs provide fair insulation, it still   needs quite a bit of wood to keep it liveable), and she does almost   all her own wood, although granted she does the felling and cutting   into logs with a chainsaw, but she still splits with an ax. And   she'd be in her late 50s now I think. So definately not just a "guy"   thing.

  --Bryan

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor