Re: Re: Axes

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:24:24 GMT

In message <20050201174545.59139.qmail_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>Hmmm, if "everyone" knows how to use an axe to chop
>wood, and it's easy to convert from
>axe-as-wood-chopper to axe-as-weapon as has been
>suggested... Tarshites, who use axes as their
>preferred weapon, should have an advantage over
>Sartarites who apparently go for spears?

The Tarshite militias use spears just as Sartarites do. Their secondary weapon is the axe (associated with earth) rather than the sword (associated with air) which the Sartarites prefer.

I'm a bit dubious about the ease of converting from axe as tool to axe as weapon. The little wood chopping I've done is so unrelated to any form of combat that it'd probably be just enough to get the user killed. The Tarshite axe is also much larger than a hatchet yet smaller than the two handed axe and used one handed with a shield.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/