Re: Re: More Glorantha for my computer?

From: Dread Domain <dreaddomain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:14:36 -0500

We've been gaming during week-ends for more than a decade. Get to the venue around noon, game till the brain stops functionning normally.

When we were younger, we could start a game around noon and game until 3 in the morning than get a bite somewhere, go home to sleep and start over the sunday. In our peak (around 23-25) we had between 40 and 50 one day (average 12 hours) game per year. Now that we are all working and getting older (early to mid thirties) we can only manage 10 to 12 one day (average 8 hours) game per year. We are unfortunately too disperse geographically to play during week evening.

> What I've found is that since Growing Up(TM), weekends are
> impossible. I cook dinner for my gamers, we eat, then we game
> on Monday nights. It means we rarely get a session that
> strarts before 7:30 or goes later than 11, but we get about
> 45 of those sessions a year.

  (puzzled look) I've never heard of longer sessions than that. Home from   work, get changed, grab books & dice, drive to hosts's house, phone   through pizza order - start gaming about 8, with pizza in one hand and   dice in the other. Finish when those who have to drive home are almost   too tired to do so, given work the next day. Midnight at latest.

  And that's assuming you all live near enough each to do this, and all   have the same evening free - no longer the case.

  You mean some people have longer sessions than that? Suddenly this   concept of handing out HP every single session begins to make a weird   sort of sense.

  Yahoo! Groups Links