Re: A horse walks into a tavern in Prax...

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 16:28:01 -0600

Ian Young wrote:

> So my question is this: How extreme would be the reaction to a
> horse-rider in Prax anytime between about 1611 and 1625?
>
> I imagine reactions would vary from place to place and person to
> person. There will always be radical extremists who will lash out
> violently against horses and their riders, but I imagine the majority
> of day-to-day Praxians would just mutter, grumble, and curse. Also, I
> imagine the closer one is to Lunar-occupied territory, the safer it is
> to keep and ride horses.

I think you're right about the Lunars. I also think that the nomads would try to covertly injure or irritate the horses and their riders (putting burrs under their saddleblankets, cutting straps, slipping something harmful into their feed, placing curses, sending horse-scaring spirits, etc.).

Guy (Hoyle)