Re: Tribal culture

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:09:01 -0800

Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> At 03:21 AM 2/8/05 +0000, yuskim1_at_... wrote:
>

>>II) The Torkani tribe is described* as being 'Darkness-worshipping'
>>while the people in or around Far Point are 'Sun-worshippers'. What
>>is meant by each term? Is it something a simple as replacing Elmal
>>with Argan Argar and Yelmalio respectively or is there more to it
>>than that?
>>(* Dragon Pass: A Gazatteer of Kerofinela, page 38 'Lizardwood Wilds')

> Barbarian Adventures describes this in more detail.
>
> "The Torkani worship Argan Argar as their main men's god
> instead of Orlanth and worship many other troll deities."

Can we assume that (post HQ) they worship "Argar Argan", which we are now told is the cult practiced by humans in the Holy Country? (As opposed to "Argan Argar", the name among trolls.) This isn't entirely a pedantic question, as the two cults have different emphases and correspondingly different magic--Argan Argar has magic that lets the dark Trolls cope with the surface world, whereas Argar Argan has magic that lets humans deal more comfortably with darkness.