Re: Out of Print

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:37:06 GMT

In message <fjiu01d00qab831janc0aoi8jmr1i4p1vk_at_...> Nick Eden writes:

>On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 06:01:30 -0600, you wrote:

>>Steve Jackson's e23 (online PDF store) is now online, too; that would be
>>a good place to put such PDFs. I agree, this would be an excellent idea
>>if there's no reprint in the future.
>
>And it would be good to get a bit of HQ presence on e23, but, yes, a
>reprint your be preferable. I rather think that e23 will sell to
>existing fans, it's not likely to draw people in.

Do you really think a scenario book is going to draw people into Glorantha?

The main rulebook yes, background books quite possibly but the importance of scenario books is that there are some available so that GMs and players can jump straight in. That's why Gathering Thunder being the only Issaries scenario book on game shelves is poor marketing - it's not for beginning characters and worse still there are references to Barbarian Adventures and Orlanth is Dead.

Internet access is sufficently widely available that making the scenario books available as e-books means the game shop only has to refer the customer to the site. As it is they have to refer customers to fan publications to get them started.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/