Re: Out of Print

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:31:44 GMT

In message <akjv0150gcltqp1m88ee5mkq72648t6s03_at_...> Nick Eden writes:

>On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:37:06 GMT, Donald wrote:

>>Do you really think a scenario book is going to draw people into
>>Glorantha?
>
>I think having stuff on the shelves may attract attention. Stuff with
>good covers may get people saying 'that's a cool lizardman - I wonder
>what it's up to?' (OK, they'd be disappointed. I think that having a
>dozen books on a game store's shelves may make people think that it's
>a supported line and worth their taking the time to investigate.
>
>Admittedly, I'm feeling kind of touchy since my FLGS barely stocks any
>HQ material. Once the couple of copies get they in as new releases
>sell out (generally within a week) they won't restock.

Well my FLGS has a load of HQ stuff on the shelves, just about everything in print including a lot of fan publications. Quite a few have nice covers, does the average browser see them? No - a game shop doesn't have enough display space to display every cover, all you see is the spine. You aren't going to see a load of covers in a shop unless the game becomes a really big seller.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/