RE: e23, beginning supplements

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:15:52 -0800

Jane

>So Issaries are short of time to turn their own publications into PDFs,
>but would have time to publish brand-new scenarios? It would be nice to
>think so, but are you sure?

Makes sense to me. In this industry, front-list sells better than back-list (assuming that PDFs sell at all*). You can keep core rules in print, but much else is dicey.

Rob

>Men of the Sea really needs a scenario. Maybe anyone who is running
>one for their group could make it available? - as a sort of starter?

I've been using it in my campaign, but I wouldn't say there's "a scenario." If one of my players wants to post the writeup of the ongoing sea voyage, it might have some value to show how the book can be used, but I think it's pretty specialized to our game.

BTW, if there had been a supplement, it would have been entirely useless to me, or probably to Jeff, whose game I play in. Useless to me since it probably would have been close to Dragon Pass, which my game is not. Useless to Jeff because it would have been set in the Hero Wars "now," and his game is still almost 10 years from that.

--

David Dunham